Effective November 1, 2017
You can browse the Web Site without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. Once you give us your personal information, you are not anonymous to us. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information to our servers located in the United States or elsewhere. We may collect and store any personal information you may share with us, like:
- email address, password, physical contact information;
- transactional information based on your activities on the Web Site;
- correspondence through the Web Site to us or a Member;
- computer sign-on data, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the Web Site, and ad data;
- other information, including IP address and standard web log information, and supplemental information from third parties;
- usage statistics.
We don’t sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent. We do, however, use third-parties for website functionality, analytics, and social sharing. If you are a registered user of Facebook, for example, our site enables your use of certain Facebook sharing features. Social network widgets, however, may collect your social network “browser” cookies, regardless of whether you use social sharing widgets. If you are a member of social networks, you should consult the respective social networks’ privacy disclosures for more information about how they collect and share information. We also use other sharing widgets like AddThis, which may collect and share data with interest-based advertisers.
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized BagMindr experience. We also use the information we receive about you in connection with the services of this website, other users, members, and companies on this site. For example, we may use the information we receive from you to:
- provide the services and customer support you request;
- resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems;
- prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce the Terms;
- customize, measure, and improve our services and the Web Sites’ content and layout;
- tell you about targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences; and compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties.
- Our Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone’s rights, property, or safety. We may also share your personal information with:
- members of our corporate family to help detect and prevent potentially illegal acts and provide joint services;
- Members who have a BagMindr Member Account;
- service providers under contract who help with our business operations;
- law enforcement or other governmental officials, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity (In such events, we will disclose name, city, state, telephone number, email address, User ID history, fraud complaints, and transaction history); and
- other business entities, should we plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity;
- third parties in response to a subpoena or other valid legal process in the United States ordering the disclosure of such information.
Without limiting the above, in an effort to respect your privacy, we will not otherwise disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity.
- Cookies and Other Technologies
We use first and third-party browser “cookies” and other, similar technologies, on certain pages of the Web Site to help analyze our web page flow, customize our services, measure promotional effectiveness, promote trust and safety, enable social sharing, and enable the use of widgets. A few important things you should know about cookies are that:
- You are always free to delete or block our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of the Web Site.
- Account Protection
Your password is the key to your account. Use unique numbers, letters, and special characters and do not disclose your password to anyone. If you do share your password or your personal information with others, remember that you are responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your personal information and may be subject to legally binding actions taken on your behalf. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason, you should immediately change your password.
- Accessing, Reviewing and Changing your Personal Information
You can see, review and change most of your personal information or delete your account by logging into the Web Site at: www.BagMindr.com. Generally, we will not manually modify your personal information because it is very difficult to verify your identity remotely. You must promptly update your personal information if it changes or is inaccurate. Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your personal information as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable law. We do retain personal information from closed accounts in order to comply with law, prevent fraud, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce the Terms, and take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
We want you to feel confident about using the Website to make boat rental arrangements, and we are committed to protecting the information we collect. While no website or online service can guarantee security, including ours, we have implemented appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security procedures to help protect the personal information you provide to us. We treat data as an asset that must be protected and use tools (encryption, passwords, physical security, etc.) to protect your personal information against unauthorized access and disclosure.
- Third Parties